2016 closed with a great and pretty touchy news for indigenous people. There were so much conflict happened between indigenous people that struggle for their land and other external parties. Finally State recognize the customary land. Of course, this is a sweet present at the end of year for them. This is also be the prospect of their struggle to stand for their land.
State protects values of Indonesia. State stands for the people, especially indigenous people. That determination told by President Joko Widodo as recognition for indigenous people to manage the forest.
“We all know that since a long time ago, indigenous people already manage the forest sustainably based on the local wisdom. Indigenous people had already know and capable to make the harmony between human and nature. I think these values should we remember all time, especially in the modern era like this” said President at State Palace in Inauguration Recognition of Customary Forest on Friday, December 30th 2016.
President said that it was not the end, but it was the beginning to government give the recognition for customary forest and it will continue to be provided. Overall, there are nine customary forests of indigenous people groups that inaugurated and recognized. And the forest area is about 13,100 hectares for 5,700 families. “This recognition will be continue, this is the beginning. Because we have many indigenous people spread out in Indonesia” said President.
Before gave the authority to manage the forest to the indigenous people, Presiden Joko Widodo was already gave similar authority to the farmers. That was conducted when President came to Central Kalimantan a while ago.
“We already gave it in Pulang Pisau District around 12,000 hectares. We gave it to the farmers. Today, the decree about customary forest had already given and it will be continue. With the decree, indigenous people can manage the land forever. Adjustment will conducted to the map. There will be new criteria, it’s about customary forest,” he said.
The President restate that the decree of forest manage authority to the people still always continued. There will be around 12.7 million hectares land that would be given to the communities, farmers, and indigenous people.
After the inauguration, President Joko Widodo took a time to listen some advices from the stakeholders that attended in that day. The President want to listen those advices directly, so the government effort can be gave the benefit to the right target. President Joko Widodo listened all the advices for about 30 minutes. On that chance, the President invite the related ministries and stakeholders to stand together to save Indonesia biodiversity preservation, for the better future.
Decrees of Determination Customary Forest, are below:
- SK.6737/MENLHK-PSKL/KUM.1/12/2016 about Determination of Customary Forest Bukit Sembahyang dan Padun Gelanggang
- SK.6738/MENLHK-PSKL/KUM.1/12/2016 about Determination of Customary Forest Bukit Tinggai
- SK.6739/MENLHK-PSKL/KUM.1/12/2016 about Determination of Customary Forest Tigo Luhah Permenti
- SK.6740/MENLHK-PSKL/KUM.1/12/2016 about Determination of Customary Forest Tigo Luhah Kementan
- SK.6741/MENLHK-PSKL/KUM.1/12/2016 about Determination of Customary Forest Marga Serampas
- SK.6742/MENLHK-PSKL/KUM.1/12/2016 about Determination of Customary Forest Amatoa Kajang
- SK.6743/MENLHK-PSKL/KUM.1/12/2016 about Determination of Customary Forest Wana Posangke
- SK.6744/MENLHK-PSKL/KUM.1/12/2016 about Determination of Customary Forest Kasepuhan Karang
Numbers Decree of Determination Customary Forest, are below:
- SK.6745/MENLHK-PSKL/KUM.1/12/2016 about Determination of Customary Forest Marga Serampas
- SK.6746/MENLHK-PSKL/KUM.1/12/2016 about Determination of Customary Forest Amatoa Kajang
- SK.6747/MENLHK-PSKL/KUM.1/12/2016 about Determination of Customary Forest Wana Posangke
- SK.6748/MENLHK-PSKL/KUM.1/12/2016 about Determination of Customary Forest Kasepuhan Karang