Our family is growing and we are looking for more passionate people who want to work with us to build our communications unit. Interested to join our team? Send your CV resume to email@example.com, before 15 July 2016
Job Title: Communications Specialist
Location: Bogor, West Java with occasional travel to provinces in Indonesia
Expected Duration of Assignment : Six (6) Months (renewable)
Reports to: Communications Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
Implement internal and external strategies for communications and outreach:
- Assess needs and priorities for all INFIS communications programs;
- Refine and adapt INFIS communications and outreach strategy;
- Constructive and timely advice to integrate advocacy and communication strategies into all aspects of INFIS activities;
- Propose and implement INFIS outreach activities such as media & stakeholders relations, public speeches, roundtables, panel discussions, and joint events with INFIS program partners;
- Develop and maintain contacts with partners, government officials, NGOs, journalists, researcher or academics and other key policy-makers and identify targets of opportunity and vehicles to communicate with these constituencies; and
Design and maintain outreach list to remain in contact with key audiences.
Design and maintenance of the website, and other communications vehicles:
- Maintain and regularly update INFIS, Rekam Jejak Alam Nusantara Foundation, and Rekam Nusantara Corporate website;
- Prepare web content and draft regular electronic newsletter; and
- Development of electronic and social media updates for distribution to target audiences.
Support communications efforts:
- Provide advice and recommendations to INFIS communications staff on effective messaging, positioning and tactics to reach key audience;
- Dissemination of communications materials for supporting INFIS’s program partners initiatives and publications such as;
- Support and assist with global promotional activities and public relations campaigns to all INFIS programs;
- Working together with designers in producing any design and audio visual needs for communications collaterals;
- Participate in weekly communications conference call and provide weekly updates on communications activities to Communications Manager; and
- Assist INFIS communications officers with updated inquiries and information related to specific issues that had become INFIS focused programs and interest.
Media and public information liaison for INFIS:
- Advise INFIS colleagues on media relations and handle media inquiries;
- Development and maintenance of media contacts and lists;
- Draft and distribute media advisories, news releases and other materials and design and organize media events, as appropriate, to promote activities of the INFIS communication program;
- Advise and assist INFIS colleagues to include media outreach activities such as interviews or press briefings in media field visit, and arrange these activities;
- Provide access for journalists to subject matter experts;
- Provide effective and timely responses to public information inquiries; and
- Provide timely strategic advice and creative solutions for dealing with sensitive communications issues and stories.